ASL Starter Kit Expansion Pack #2
MMP is proud to present the second Advanced Squad Leader Starter Kit Expansion Pack. Expansion Pack #2 has been designed with all levels of Starter Kit play in mind and has something for everyone. It includes two new 8″ x 22″ geomorphic mapboards (k and l) and eight new scenarios set in locales such as China, Burma, Java, and New Guinea.
Expansion Pack #2 continues the introduction of the Japanese begun in ASL Starter Kit #4, this time with new opponents. Expansion Pack #2 also adds new rules to introduce players to the Chinese and to overlays. Ordnance and Vehicle Notes for the weapons used in the scenarios are also included.
However, unlike previous installments of ASL Starter Kit, Expansion Pack #2 does not come with everything you need to play!!!
Expansion Pack #2 assumes ownership of the core ASLSK modules Starter Kit #1, Starter Kit #2, Starter Kit #3, and Starter Kit #4. While Expansion Pack #2 includes counters for Chinese, Japanese, British, Filipino, and Dutch units, it relies upon these core Starter Kit modules to provide additional unit and information counters, thus giving players a low-cost method for introducing the Chinese and for expanding the range of combat in the Pacific Theater of Operations (PTO).
ASL Starter Kit Expansion Pack #2 contains:
• two 8″ x 22″ geomorphic mapboards (map k, map l)
• one overlay
• one countersheet (252 counters)
• one 4-page illustrated color rules supplement
• one 4-page Quick Reference Data Card
• eight new scenarios:
- S74 Iron Fist, Shanghai, China, 17 August 1937
- S75 They Always Returned, Shanghai, China, 11 October 1937
- S76 A Less Peaceful Christmas, Urdaneta, Luzon, The Philippines, 25 December 1941
- S77 Dutch Trucks, Soebang, Java, 2 March 1942
- S78 No Japanese Within 100 Miles, Leuwiliang, Java, 4 March 1942
- S79 Politics, Logistics, and Pride, Toungoo, Burma, 19 March 1942
- S80 Spring and Summer, Isurava, New Guinea, 27 August 1942
- S81 Not A Man Afraid, Jessami, India, 28 March 1944
NOTE: ASL Starter Kit Expansion Pack #2 is not a boxed game; it comes bagged in the same manner as ASL Starter Kit Expansion Pack #1.