Grossdeutschland Pack 1 – Lone Canuck Publishing


SKU: GD 1 - LCP Category:



This eight-scenario pack is compatible with MMP’s ASL™ System and 

modifiable to be used with other miniature Wargaming systems. 

GD Pack #1 uses ASL boards (4,6,10,12,13,17,22,24,32,39,44,46)

10 May 1940… Infantry Regiment Grossdeutschland reinforced by artillery and engineers crossed the Belgian frontier about midday encountering little resistance. The report of a force which had taken up positions in Etalle comprised of elements of a French Cavalry and motorized reconnaissance units. The Infanterie Regiment Grossdeutschland was dispatched to handle the situation. Upon arriving in village of Etalle, Grossdeutschland found the fighting was serious. Houses had been shot up, telephone wires hung down everywhere, on the corner sat a bullet-ridden civilian automobile. The bridge at the entrance to the village was barricaded and held by the French under heavy rifle, and machine-gun fire coming from the houses behind it. Major Föst assessing the situation personally took command of the 5th Company and moved to launch an attack.
10 May 1940… While the bulk of the Grossdeutschland Regiment drove towards the Luxembourg frontier. Elements of the 3rd Battalion under Oberstleutnant Barski took off from airfields near the German-Belgium border in 100 three-seat Fieseler Storch. This force was earmarked for the air landing operation codenamed “NIWI”. The 400-men of the Garski Battalion were to be flown 15 km behind the enemy’s front lines, with mission to cut communications, hinder reserves reinforcing the front lines and attack the enemy’s fortifications from the vulnerable rear. Oberstleutnant Garski’s landed at 0600 hours and was only able to link up with nine men of his force. Radio contact was established with XIX Panzer Korps and Garski learned from reports that to the east of Wity, Belgian Ardennes Mountain troops were putting up stiff resistance. Using the earlier commandeered automobiles, Garski quickly moved his force to the western outskirts of Fauvilliers.
11 May 1940… Infantry Regiment Grossdeutschland spent the night on the hills northwest of Villiers-sur-Semois screened by a thin line of pickets. The 1st Battalion carrying their machine-guns, ammunition canisters and mortar bases which weighed heavy on men, passed west of Mellier and pushed on towards the village of Suxy. The attack on Suxy developed into a perfect training school attack supported by the Regiments’ heavy weapons, including artillery and assault guns. The infantry supported by the assault guns stormed into the village and the enemy forces, a French Cavalry reconnaissance company, suffered heavy losses while putting up a stubborn defence.
19 June 1940… The headlong advance south towards France’s second largest city Lyon by Infantry Regiment Grossdeutschland continued with an assault gun from Lt. Von Werlhoff’s platoon leading the way. The first serious French resistance was met near Neuville-sur-Seine. There was a barricade in front of the village, which had a heavy machine gun, two light machine guns and a 47mm anti-tank gun. The assault spearheaded by the 6th Company, Infantry Regiment GD approached the barricade, machine gun and rifle fire suddenly erupted from every house and near-by park. The assault gun immediately went into position and blasted the barricade.
5 July 1941… By midday of 4 July, Grossdeutschland reached Stolpce and Swerzen, about 3 km to the south was the regiments objective, Tschweren. Urgent orders were received to move a strong kampfgruppe into the area northeast of Stolpce where the 15th Infantry Regiment was involved in heavy fighting with an attacking Russian force. By evening, the 1st Battalion GD reached an area near Odceda northwest of Stolpce and set up a hasty defensive position. As the morning fog lifted, a firefight broke out as masses of Russians stormed out of the woods towards the 1st Battalion’s positions occupied during the previous night. These first waves were beaten back, however heavy fire continued from the impenetrable wooded area and companies of the 1st Battalion were order to clear out these pockets. The Grenadiers of the 3rd Company rose and moved widely spaced towards the woods.
5 July 1941… Infantry Regiment Grossdeutschland received orders to ferret out Russians that were forming up just inside the woods for a break out. 12 km southwest the 6th Company, together with a platoon from the 18th (Pioneer) Company, heavy guns of the 15th Company and elements of the 1st Platoon, 20th(Flak) Company, were ordered to move immediately to Kamienka and launch an attack on the village. The attack against Kamienka and the near by wooded areas began at 0545 and was supported by the heavy infantry guns of the 15th Company. Rapid defensive fire met the attacking German companies, which nevertheless pushed forward with great élan, effectively supported by the heavy weapons.
14 December 1941… The German spearheads had got to within a few miles of the outskirts of the Soviet capital. The Soviet realized that their hour had arrived. The projecting wedge of Guderian’s Second Panzer Army presented the Soviet’s southern group with an opportunity for envelopment from three sides. As dawn broke, Soviet artillery began firing into the village, as the rumbling of tank engines and near by shells burst heralded the Soviet’s arrival. A few metres farther stood the anti-tank guns of the 14th (Panzerjäger) Company, which was fighting with the 1st Battalion. The Panzerjägers watched as the tanks rolled through the snow, firing as they came. As machine gun fire rattled against the protective armoured shield of their 5cm Pak 38, the Panzerjägers began their firefight. As the smoke cleared, three enemy tanks were set a fire and Soviet infantry littered the snowy fields around the village. Together with the surviving 35 grenadiers of the 1st Company they had stopped the Soviet breakthrough.
20 February 1942… The heavy Soviet attacks against the weakened German lines continued, but they were unable to make any significant territorial gains. Once more, the Grossdeutschland was tasked to attack. The Regimental commander was forced to merge the two rifle battalions into a single Rifle Battalion Grossdeutschland; as it arrived at its assembly area in preparation for a counterattack. The attack on Kosowka and Tschuchlowo had all the preparations made to ensure the success of this difficult attack. Upon reaching the gully, the Grenadiers began suffering heavy losses as they were opened up upon by heavy machine gun and mortar fire from the smoking buildings in the village. The men of Grossdeutschland waited for darkness to withdraw. The pitiful group that returned numbered 3 officers and 30 men. It was all that remained of the once proud Infantry Regiment Grossdeutschland.

Additional information

Weight .5 lbs
Dimensions 2 × 2 × 2 in


There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Grossdeutschland Pack 1 – Lone Canuck Publishing”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.